13262538

My ex husband has a residency order son and daughter

My ex husband has a residency order for my son and daughter he says I dont have any parental rights or responsibility of my children is this true? My daughter is 10 years old and no longer wishes to live with her father child services are also involved. What happens will I have to go back to court again because if I do then unfortunately I wouldn't be able to pay due to financial difficulties.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** i shall do my best to help you.Your ex is incorrect - you do still have Parental Responsibility for your children and the right to be consulted on all major issues regarding their lives.If there is a dispute about who your daughter lives with you may have to go back to court - but you are entitled to represent yourself if you wishPlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thankyou for clarifying this if I was to represent myself at court would this still cost me money?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No not at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou sorry just one last thing. As my daughter has already told child services she no longer wishes to live with her father would there be any reason why she couldn't come back and live with myself? And do child services not have the authority to remove the child and place her back into my care.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Why did the children move to live with their father to start with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He got residency due to me been alcohol dependent. But I have now been alcohol free for 6 years and no longer drink at all
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Provided you can prove that if necessary then there is no reason why the child cannot return to your care.Children Services have the power to do this - but that does not mean that they will be willing to get involved I am afraid