13262538

I am divorced from the mother of

Customer Question

I am divorced from the mother of my children aged 14 and 9. I am remarried and my wife and stepson are disabled. my ex wife is demanding £80 per week for child support. She earns twice what I do. my take home pay is £575 per FORTNIGHT. what should I be paying please?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What is your GROSS income form all sources?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GROSS TO DATE THIS YR IS £11334. 13 I HAVE NO OTHER INCOME BUT MY WIFE GETS £64 PER WEEK CARERS ALLOWANCE FOR HER SON
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I made a mistake with the amount she wants, it should read £175 per fortnight for the 2 of them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello????
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay
What is your fortnightly GROSS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's £670.45 before tax and NI
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I assume you have gone? when it said "get answers now" I wasn't expecting to have to wait this long. I can call a solicitor in person locally tomorrow, you must be dealing with other cases just now too. Thank you anyway but I'd like my money back as I'm very disappointed in the time this service is taking
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies - we have to take questions in order and it can take time to get through the list
Your ex is in for a shock
If you cannot agree between you on a figure - using the guidance here
https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/overview
The Calculations are set out here
http://www.nacsa.co.uk/index.php/cs3-calculations
and your liability is in the region of £96 a fortnight
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's good news, that is for both children, not each?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you send this conversation in an email? I can't get it to download and I need proof that I have consulted a solicitor
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It is indeed for both children - and both the links I have given are downloadable - and cannot be argued!
I will ask Customer Services about the email position
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, there is some confusion as to whether the amount you stated is definitely fortnightly? or monthly and includes BOTH children? sorry about this but the obvious arguments have started and she claims this should be EACH and not jointly
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
If you use the calculator you will see that it is per fortnight and includes BOTH children
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare, can I verify that the amount you quoted for child maintenance is FORTNIGHTLY AND IS FOR both CHILDREN and not each. it was not monthly was it?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The CMS/CSA rates are
12% for one child
16% for two children
19% for three or more children.
You have one child in your household (your step son) so your GROSS income is reduced by 11%.
£670 minus 11% is £596.
16% of £596 is £96
So your global payment is £96 a fortnight