13262538

Me and my brother owen house if l leave do l still owen half

me and my brother owen house if l leave do l still owen half of house.or if he went in to nursing home do they take half of house.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDo you ever wish to return to the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
l would like to sale it if my brother died.but l might
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The fact that you are no longer leaving the property doe snot mean that you lose your share of it.
However of your brother does have to go into a Care home and has no other way of paying for it then yes the Local Authority will be able to insist on a sale so that his half of the monies can be used to pay for his care.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
C;are