Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

How can I challenge cafcass report?

Customer Question

Hi how can I challenge cafcass report?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
If you are not happy with the cafcass report, you should address this in any further statement you file, if there are directions for you to do this.
Furthermore, you will be able to request for the cafcass officer to attend a hearing to give oral evidence, and be cross-examined on the recommendations made.
Please rate positively if you found this helpful and let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have changed my life around completely since the PO were granted 2.5 years ago. If guardian always refers to the past could his discounted by the judge?
The past is past I can't bring the past back
Also If my children have settled in there placements will this go against me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi can I also challenge sw report if it's all relate to the pasts?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi Asma,
The guardian, and other experts will always tend to refer to past incidents, concerns and issues. They cannot ignore the history.
However, what will work in your favour is clear evidence that there has been significant change to address the past concerns - this seems to have been covered quite a bit having had a look at your previous questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I am successful opposing adoption and revoke PO what haopens next?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
If that is successful then the LA will put forward a care plan for the children to return to your care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi what is think family?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
It is a service which supports families who are identified to be at risk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, can children live with parents with a cate order?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
It is unusual for that to be granted, but is still an option.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi can I request for this care orders to remain but the children to be returned to my care.
Supervision order is probaby different?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
That is a possibility. A care order gives the LA parental responsibility for the children. Whereas a supervision order does not and it is there to monitor the children and for a social worker to befriend and support.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi if I am successful the hearing is on 06/01/16.
I would rather have care orders in place if gives PR to LA also I can prove to the court and LA I am willing to work with them and seek guidance from professionals reassure them that I am able to cater all my two childrens needs I will never make the mis takes I am made 3 years ago.
Guve them safety and security be good enough parent to.them.
I just want one more chance to care for my children then them being adopted
I am able to provide better future
Judge wants to be satisfied that the finding of the judgemnt she made have I addressed all the findings what sufficient changes I have made to satisfy them so I can assessd to care for my children
What else would court consider?
Asma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi what is psychiatric assessment?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
As previously stated in other questions, the court will need to see that you have made considerable change to address the previous issues and that you are able to care for the children during their upbringing.
A psychiatric assessment is an assessment of your mental health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harris, I have meeting with the children's guardian. If she does not support my two youngest children to be returned. I have made suffient changes on what basis could we challenge her report and the SW report? If I accept all the findings will this help my case?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
If the guardian's findings do not reflect the reality and you do not feel she has fully considered the changes then this can be addressed in your evidence and in cross-examination of the guardian.
Accepting findings (which are true) will show insight but will only help your case if there has beensignificant change sknxd the findings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I accept findings still I am not successful but I have made significant changes to my life I am able to cater my two children needs. Judge is not satisfied can I appeal?
Also can I give written submissions instead of cross examination?
I am not confident to be CE?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
You will only be able to appeal if the decision made was wrong in law or if evidence was not considered, or incorrectly interpreted.
If you have made the significant change required it would be in your best interest to give oral evidence to demonstrate this to support any written evidence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harris,
How can I best prepare myself for cross examination?
what would be main points the judge will take into consideration?
If I don't accept a finding in the judgement which is 100% not true how can I convince the judge it did not happen?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
The best way to prepare is to be fully aware of all the evidence and your statement, and to answer all questions truthfully. The judge will take into consideration all the evidence, but as this is to oppose an adoption order it will be mainly the changes you have made since the care proceedings and how you can maintain the change.
The only way you can convince a judge that something did not happen is to provide all the information you can. The judge will make a decision on whose evidence is more reliable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harris,
I was alleged that I made my daughter sleep in bathroom my two middle children told SS Professionals before the care orders were ordered September 2013
this is not true but LA belived the children I am still not accepting I did not made her sleep in bathroom how can I convince the court and LA did not happen children were mistaken?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
It will be difficult to contest this if there has been clear record of your two middle children telling this to the professionals.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How will this affect my application to oppose PO and adoption for my 2 youngest children?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
As previously stated you need to demonstrate that there has been significant change since that time, and if appropriate you understanding how the alleged actions would have impacted a child.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harris, can you please explain alleged actions impact on child means?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
That you can see how a child sleeping in the bathroom effects their wellbeing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi but if she wasn't made to sleep in the bathroom how can I accept that it had an affect on my.child?
My daughter has additional needs she was doubling incontinent she had to have regular baths
To get her bath ready I used to get to sit down and wait until her bath was ready
She wasnt made to sleep
We were in 5 bedroom house she had her own rooM
Its sounds astonishing how can a parent make a child sleep in a bathroom it's bizzare it's bizzare courts Ss believed my two children
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
You should explain that to the court if it is raised again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have conference with the barrister tomorrow the hearing is listed for the 06-01-16
What questions can I ask him is there prospect of success?
Any other questions?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
You will need to go through the evidence against you and discuss preparation of your evidence (if you have not already done so). The barrister will be able to advise you in detail about your prospects of success.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi can the court of appeal judgement could be used in relation to my application of oppose PO and AO?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Which judgment are you referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I applied to appeal the placement orders in may 2014 I did not get permission i was advised by the judge if I have made changes to apply family court or to the LA
The judgemeny was writen that there should have been fact finding on two incidents but did not take placeAsma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the judgment can be referred to in your application
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there was no fact finding in the last care proceeding could this be ordered this application it's reference my two children who have care orders they are in long term fostering?
Also I was on bail until the care proceedings concluded
Can this be raised
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Those allegation were considered in the care proceedings and your current proceedings are to demonstrate the changes you have made since the orders were made. This is what you need to focus on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I met with barrister. His got confident that I will get permission. With all the changes I have made
They are two stages 1 seek permission to revoke PO 2. Oppose adoption
If I am considered an assessment will it involve contact with my two youngest boys?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
That's good to hear. Being considered for assessment does not necessarily mean it will begin immediately and contact will have to be gradual in any event.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harris,
Yes you are right if assessment is not positive then we will ask for an independent assessment
This will be gradual process. It would be better if I am observed with my children so they can observe how my parenting is positive good enough
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Asma. Hope it goes well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi what does seeking permission of revoke placement order mean?
Why do we need to seek permission?
Asma