Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can my wife claim half my house as it was soley left to

Customer Question

Hi can my wife claim half my house as it was soley left to me in a will with nothing to pay my youngest child is 25 and all 3 have left home now
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Is it the family home and how long have you both lived there? How old are you and your wife? Are there any assets?
As part of any financial settlement the court will need to consider all your assets, and all your wife's assets and assess your needs and contributions when deciding on an equitable split.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.