Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have had some previous questions answerd by

I have had some previous questions answerd by ukfamilysolicitor earlier today. I have just found out my wife who moved out 6 weeks ago has just taken out a mortgage on a house for £102000. The cost of the house is £120000 so there is a shortfall of £18000.
I suspect she has been squirrelling away money from the joint accounts and certainly removed £12500 from joint funds recently (all in the last 6 weeks). Can i prevent the sale going through? or if it does will i have any call on the property when it comes
to financial settlements?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family solicitor.
This property will have to be disclosed by her as part of full and frank disclosure in the financial negotiations / court proceedings. In effect, it is better to have the money that she has "squirrelled" tied up in a property as this will prevent her from spending it on assets that cannot be tied down. If, once bought, you think that she may proceed to sell the asset to prevent you making a claim to it, then you can apply to court for a freezing injunction.
Please rate positively if you found this information helpful
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.