Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I wonder if you can help. A friend has a judicial separation

I wonder if you can help. A friend has a judicial separation from her husband, she wants to update her Will but still wants her husband to benefit would this type of separation stop her from doing this. They do not want to cancel the separation or divorce they just seem to get on so much better with it left in limbo. Any advice would be appreciated.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question.

The will is for her to decide who benefits from her estate and the judicial separation will not impact this.

Also, once the decree is granted they can both pursue financial applications to settle the family assets and income (except for pensions).