How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2725
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have received a demand from the CSA stating i owe them

Resolved Question:

Hi, I have received a demand from the CSA stating i owe them £1800.00 from period 1999 to 2001 I have 3 children which i paid CSA when i was working, at this time i was not working, can they make me pay this and go back as far as this period?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
If there was a child maintenance decision at that time and you had not paid then yes, they can claim for that far back. They should put in place a payment plan and they have to claim it back in a two year period. However, you should be requesting a detailed breakdown of what is outstanding and they should provide this to you to assess and cross-reference with the payments you have made.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions