13262538

I applied to court paternity so I could get

Customer Question

I applied to court for declaration paternity so I could get further leave to remain and will they look into my immigration status if I'm illegal?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first?Do you mean will the Court look at it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I mean will the family court look into my status and I'm illegal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm illegal in uk and I applied for declaration paternity at family court so I could add my name on birth certificate as father and apply for leave to remain. The court case is in January and I'm nervous to attend the court due to my status
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The court will not have notified the Border Agency of the position - but of course your ex may have done so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are right. I have my sons birth certificate and my name is ***** ***** it. I'm thinking to make an application (FLR) a day before the court hearing. I can send the new bc to the ukba after the hearing date
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You do realise you will need to prove contact not paternity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told paternity. I'm on my step sons birth certificate and I apply with that one instead
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live with my step child n his mom
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry - why are you named on your step son's birth certificate?