13262538

I'm buying a property buy to let investment with my husband.

I'm buying a property for a buy to let investment with my husband. Most of the deposit is mine. Will my husband's ex-wife have a share in the profits if she found out about this?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHas your husband not had a final financial settlement with his ex yet>
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He had, he pays into her account monthly. He has 2 children an 11 year old boy who he has a financial statement for and a 6 year old daughter who he does not. His son goes to private school and it was agreed in court that he should not contribute but nothing was agreed for h daughter as she was only 2 or 3 years old at the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiAre you still there?Kind regards
Vishni
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a builder coming at approx 10:30/10:40. If you do not hear from me during this time could you stay online please.Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Was there a Court Order dealing with the Capital - the matrimonial home etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ClareThey sold the matrimonial home and it was divided up according to the percentage of deposit they placed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Was there a court order setting out that agreement?
When was the Decree Absolute?
has his ex remarried?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was roughly 3 years ago the decree absolute,I believe there was a court order.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
If there was a final financial order then his ex no longer has any capital claims on your husband and your new investment is entirely safe.If there has not been then there is a potential risk - but it is very very small indeedPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome I hope all goes well