13262538

I am repping myself in final hearing on a variation

I am repping myself in final hearing on a variation application scheduled for two days.Will there in the sequence be an 'opening statement' and if so - to what typical length should I keep?When I give my evidence in chief - can I take as long as I want or is there, too, a convention?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstAre you the applicant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i am
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then you will have the chance to start the matter by explaining your case to the court.
This should be a brief overview of what the application is and why it has had to be made it shoudl not be more than 10-15 minutes (if that)
Your statement is your evidence in Chief - but of course you may have updating information which you need to add on oath
You will then be questioned by the lawyer on the other side - and the Judge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will i have a chance to 'talk through' my statement before being x-examined?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Briefly - but remember they have been read so you should concentrate on any major points and on expanding any issues which require explanation or in respect of which there is further information to share
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after the mutual x-examination will there be closing arguments - first applicant then respondent?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is correct