tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience of family law issues.
73598664

I will be cross-examining my ex-wife in application to vary

I will be cross-examining my ex-wife in application to vary payments. Can I take as much time as I need to go in detail through this process?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I can answer this for you.
You will probably have more than sufficient time to do what you need to do, by way of cross-examination, but it would be wrong to say that you have all the time in the world. The court will limit you to what it considers reasonably necessary to undertake the cross-examination. If you are doing this in person, without a lawyer, you probably get greater latitude that would otherwise be the case.
If the court can see that you are making real progress, and not asking pointless and frivolous questions, then it is likely to allow you to continue.
I hope this answers your question.
Tony