13262538

During the cross examination of my exwife in final hearing -

during the cross examination of my exwife in final hearing - can i ask her to read an email from my disclosure bundle and then ask her questions about that?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Is the email relevant to your argument?Is the email about something she actually knows about?Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is about something that in her witness statement she opines about. it is central to one of the arguments
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
is it a matter of fact?
What do you wish to ask her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in short:she says that something did not happen
the email shows that it did happenwant to ask her whether she sticks with her witness statement ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Could she have known that it had actually happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she doubted me saying that it did happen - without any evidence or reason
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
But was there any way she could have known that it had happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well, at the time i told her it did
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she choose to ignore my information - and just put conjecture in her witness statement
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiPleas do not be offended - but you have watched rather too many tv courtroom dramasThe most that you can do with this email is refer your ex to it and ask if she now accepts that xxx happened, That is it - no more and no less - and frankly even that is rather pointless since all you actually need to do is to point out TO THE COURT that she was wrong and that you can prove it.Your cross examination of your ex should be short and to the point - based entirely on issues raised by her statement (s) either by theirinclusion or their omissionPlease ask if you need further details