13262538

Two and a half years ago me and my partner bought a house

Hi, two and a half years ago me and my partner bought a house to live in with our daughter,her granddad said he would match the amount that I put in for the house,so all went through. I had an issue with my previous partner over access of my two other children,and finances. So thought it best to put the house in my current partners name! Unfortunately our relation has broken down,and we both feel it is better we were apart. But the trouble is, she says she is staying in the house,and I have to leave.Can you please advise my rights,if any to get my half of the money back. thanks.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Is your name on the title or is there a cohabitation agreement, or a deed of trust regarding the property?
Legally, as you are not married (or you may be but not specified in the details - please confirm if you are), if the property is in her sole name then on the face of the property is hers.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I have been a family lawyer for more than 30 yearsHow much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?How much did you each invest in the property?How old is your child and how much does a two bedroom property in the same school are cost to buy?
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years