13262538

Good Afternoon, Would my daughter get Legal Aid to enforce

Customer Question

Good Afternoon, Would my daughter get Legal Aid to enforce her son's biological father (unmarried) to visit the child ( Boy Nine years ) separated for 7 years. My Daughter is a Care Assistant Part Time on low wage.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that the answer is no for two entirely separate reasons.Legal Aid is no longer available for Children cases unless there is a recent history of domestic violenceHowever in any event no Court can force the father to see the child and turn up for arranged visits.The best that can be done is an Order that states when such visits take place - and that if one is missed then there will be no other contact until the next set date - and it does not sound as though this would be helpful in this casePlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My thanks for your answer it would appear that there is not a lot that can be done. ( Will i be charged for this answer.)
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The only option could be to try and get her ex to discuss matters with her using Family mediation and a mediator trained to work with young people - but it is at best a forlorn hope
(all follow ups are covered by the one accept do NOT press accept again)