13262538

I have been very unhappily married years. Can you tell

Customer Question

I have been very unhappily married for 40 years. Can you tell me what my rights
are. My husband is worth about 4 million but it was inherited from his parents. What
Rights do I have financially.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.What are the actual assets - houses? investments?Do you have any children together?What income do you each have?Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The assets are land and inherited shares worth altogether approx: 4 million
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have one daughter together. Her rent is paid by us and I have an allowance of £750 per month and access to
The joint account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We live in a barn worth 1.1 million and my husband has money in the Isle of Mann
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
The fact that you have been together for more than forty years means that the starting point for division of the assets is 50/50 despite the fact that the assets were inherited.
Your husband can argue that he should have more because of the inheritance - and it is indeed likely that your share will be under the £2million - but not by much
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I do have more questions so may I call you very soon
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Of course - you can ask for me at any time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to pack a suitcase and go but where can I go. My stepson lives in Mexico and my daughter is very
I'll with Anexoria. Do you think it would be right to check into a hotel?Susan Ashtown
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
If you have the money and you need the break then go and have a break while you decide what to do next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I just got your reply. But where can I live and what happens if my husband cuts off my access to money!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You must speak to a solicitor face to face as soon as posisble to establish your way forward - you have a clear claim and in fact the solicitor can apply for an order that your ex gives you money for fees.