Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I had five outstanding parking tickets. The bailiff from

Customer Question

I had five outstanding parking tickets. The bailiff from equita was about to clamp my van. I paid the amount he wanted which was £512.00 £277.00 bailiff cost and £235.00 for the ticket. And made an arrangement to pay the rest. He would call to pick up the next payment. The first visit was on the 22nd October and he would pick up the next payment in November , he did not make contact in November . He called me on the 9th of December and said they cancelled the arrangement and my fine had gone upto the higher rate again of £512.00 even though he admitted it was he's fault. I paid him £427.00 he said he gave me £80 discount. On both the payments dated 22/10/15 and 10/12/15 he has only made a receipt for £277.00 for each payment. The first payment was cash and the second payment £277.00 debit card and £155.00 cash. There is obviously something wrong, but what can I do. I am waiting to hear from the fraud squad. But he called today to pick another payment up tomorrow.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry if I am missing the point but why have you reported this to the fraud squad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't reported it, I have asked their advise. Because I have paid him £939.00 and he has only given me receipts for £554.00 and asked me not to discuss it with anyone
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is very unlikely it will amount to fraud.
Are you asking if it does?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am surprised , by the way he was talking. He said that he would make out the cash payment went through the bank. Everything he said just did not make sense. Should I pay him without asking for a receipt?