Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am in a final hearing on my application to vary later this

I am in a final hearing on my application to vary later this week.I just took a new job : salary and stock options.How will the court take the stock options into account when determining maintenance payments going forward?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Spousal and child maintenance is calculated based on your income and not on any assets or stock options, unless there is obvious intention to take stock options in lieu of salary in order to defeat a claim for spousal maintenance.
___
Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you