13262538

My wife and I have been separated since October 2014, my

Customer Question

My wife and I have been separated since October 2014, my wife's solicitors are now asking for details of share's held in any companies the last two years. Am I required to give two year's information to my wife's solicitors? The last time I had shareholding in a company was in May 2014 in which my shares were sold - I was not director of the company but had a 19% shareholding.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youI am afraid that if the matter shoudl go to court for the finances to be dealt with you will indeed have to provide this information so it is better to do it voluntarily in order to save costs.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that in our situation we are looking at the likelihood of going to court. Could i wait until the matter goes to court to disclose this information and more importantly how far back in time will my shareholding be considered in any financial settlement?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIYou could wait, but it would be seen as very suspicious by the Court and you can still be ordered to make disclosure covering the same time frame - so there is nothing to gain.Clare