13262538

I live in Paphos Cyprus and my husband left me 8 mths ago.

I live in Paphos Cyprus and my husband left me 8 mths ago. My daughter is 7 years old this month. He receives a Naval pension, which is paid into a UK bank account. Can I claim 50% of this pension for me and my daughter as I do not have any money.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Where does your husband live?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Paphos Cyprus
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
Have you started divorce proceedings at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not even considered it.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you applied for child maintenance in Cyprus?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, didn't know that I could.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that since you are both resident in Cyprus you will need to obtain a maintenance order there.This can then be enforced against his pension here in the UK using Reciprocal agreements in place between the two countries.The same is true of spouse maintenance if this is ordered by the courts in CyprusI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare