13262538

ClaireMy ex has contact with his daughter every

Hi Claire My ex has contact with his daughter every Saturday 10 til 4.I. The last few monsths he is cancelling every other Saturday with sometimes giving work reason and sometimes no reason at all. He cancels 2 hours before contact. My father is the communicator between me and him. Can my father text him asking if he can notify us by Friday 8pm as this is emotional harm for my daughter to find out 3 hours before the contact time that her dad is not coming. Please advise

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiIs the matter due back in court at any time?Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No the final hearing has been concluded, due to his drugs being positive he only gets 6 hours every Saturday supervised by his mother and sister

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
For how long has it been happening only on alternate Saturdays?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since November til now he has missed 5 Saturdays and only on 1 missed Saturday he has let us know on Friday at 10pm ( my daughter was a sleep so I could not tell her u til morning) otherwise he always texts Saturday morning between 7am and 9am to let us know he is not coming. Prior to November he was coming 2 out of 3 saturdays but now it is every other Saturday. I do t mind as long as he gave advance notice but he never does

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then I suggest that you write a letter setting out the dates missed, and saying that unless there is a change in the pattern by the end of January you will assume that he only wants contact on alternate weeks and will plan matters accordingly so that your daughter is not disappointed at the late cancellationPlease ask if you need further details