Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My partner and I are separating due to him shouting and being

My partner and I are separating due to him shouting and being abusive towards myself he says he will go for full custody if we split can he do this
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
How many children do you have together and how old are they?
The children have a right to a relationship for both children and if an agreement cannot be reached between you or through mediation then either of you can make an application for a child arrangement order to decide who the children live with and what the contact arrangements would be. The court will assess various criteria when deciding on what order to make and take the following into account:
1. The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi SianMy name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more that 30 years.If you would like us to give you some more specific information about your position we will need to know how old the children are and who has their day to day care at the momentIt woudl also be useful to know if the abuse has been witnessed by anyoneClare
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you!
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters