ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

My father took me and my little sister from being in care by

Customer Question

My father took me and my little sister from being in care by telling social services that he was our dad. This was 10 years ago foin years after that put me into care saying he wasn't my dad any advice I'm 20 and he is still refusing contact and a dna test.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I am so sorry to hear about what you have been through.
Unfortunately it is not possible to force the man who you think is your father to undertake a DNA test.
I do however wonder if you still have a relationship with your sister. If so you could ask her if she would be willing to undertake a DNA sibling test to see whether you share the same biological parents.
Whilst such test are not as accurate as if the results were taken from the parent it is still an avenue that you could pursue.
I hope that this helps you.
Kindest Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do talk to my sister but she is also now in the care system isn't there anything we could go around with false claims to the court system and social services?
Thank you for your response.
My apologies for my delay in responding to you. If you leave a positive rating after a post then the system presumes that you are just leaving a comment and does not put you in my 'need to response' column.
I am not an expert in cases against the Local Authority. I would suggest that you post a further question in this regard. I presume the starting point would be if your father had parental responsibility for you and your sister at the time when he said that you were his.
In respect of your sister - if she is still in care - then she is going to have to be 16 before she can consent to a sibling DNA test - otherwise the LA would have to provide their consent.
I hope that this helps.
Kind Regards
Caroline