13262538

My son has been in a relationship years living together

My son has been in a relationship for 7 years living together for 2 and a half years. His partner already had a child aged 7 months when they got together and who regards ***** ***** as her dad. She is not aware that he is not her biological father.They have a child together aged 2 and a half. He has recently ended the reltionship and she has moved out into rented property as the house is his . He is currently having both children to stay over how does he stand regarding the 8 year old .
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat exactly do you wish to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does he need any anything in writing from the parentsgiving him permission for him to have the 8year old to stay on a regular basis.The biological father has nothing to with the child but does support her financially .Does he need to be aware of the new situation.
HI
Is the biological father likely to object?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Probably not
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just concerned for my son and want to make sure he does everything to protect himself
HI
How often do the chidlren stay over?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
At least once sometimes twice a week
Your son cannot acquire Parental Responsibility for the older child at this stage - had he and his ex still been together it would have been possible to obtain a joint residence Order - but this is no longer an option.
The biological father is certainly entitled to know that his daughter is spending time with your son.
He does not need written permission for the child to spend time with him but it would be sensible for your son to have a signed letter from the mother giving him permission to deal with any minor medical issues so that if has to take her to hospital she can be treated!
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details