Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

Myself and 3 brothers have power of attorneys parents.

Customer Question

Myself and 3 brothers have power of attorneys for my parents. My father has dementia and my mother would like to change the deeds to just her name. Is this something we can do? Or can his half be gifted to her? Thank you.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Assuming the power of attorney contains the power to deal with property (which most standard ones do) then you can, acting as your father's attorney) have the title transferred to your mother. As no cash will be changing hands it will be a gift of his one half share. As it is a transfer between husband and wife there are no tax implications.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you advise how I go about getting my dads share gifted to my mum?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Your family solicitor should be contacted and asked to prepare and register the appropriate title deed in the Land Registry.