13262538

I am about to marry my fiancée in april. He was previously

I am about to marry my fiancée in april. He was previously married for just over a year to and his ex wife is now trying to claim his property. The house was paid by himself and when he married his ex wife he put her names on the deeds too.... my partner has been paying for the mortgage since he purchased his house and also has proof of documentation for the house purchase. they have a child together too but my ex has no relationship with the child. Can his ex still claim and would she be able to get half his property or more?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When was the Decree Absolute?
Who currently lives in the property?
How old is the child?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do they each have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the decree came through in September last year. he lives in the property and she lives with her parents who own a few properties themselves. the child is 2 now. the house is worth £400,000 and £300,000 is still owing. He has some property in india and his income is £25k and hers is the same too....
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much would a two bedroom property in the same area that his ex currently live sin cost to buy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
perhaps £250,000
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
http://www.divorceaid.co.uk/financial/family-home.htm
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
http://www.marilynstowe.co.uk/2013/06/20/sealing-the-deal-financial-settlements-and-divorce/