13262538

Does my husband have to supply a roof over my childrens head.

Customer Question

does my husband have to supply a roof over my childrens head. he has left me with 4 children 1 being a new born. also what would i be entitled to after 14 years marriage.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWho owns your current home?How much is it worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,
We have joint mortgage.
Our house worth £110.000 and owe £119.000
Mark works full time and i dont work at all
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much does your husband?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He earns 30.000 a year
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
The housing needs of the children do indeed come first and on that basis YOU will be able to remain in the property (without your husband) and he will have to pay child maintenance at 19% of this gross income?
You may be eligible for various benefits and you can check that here
http://www.entitledto.co.uk/
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does he have to pay mortgage as well as maintenance
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That will depend on a number of issues including what benefits your are entitled to and how much the mortgage repayments are.It is possible that he will have to make a payment towards the mortgage in lieu of spouse maintenanceClare