Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband is detained in hospital under section 2 of the

Customer Question

hi, my husband is detained in hospital under section 2 of the mental health act. i would like to know what are my legal obligations and my writes. i am intending to divorce and we also have a child together.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can my husband choose his next of kin or by law as his wife I am automatically his legal next of kin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
As his wife you would automatically be his nearest relative for the mental health purposes and you will be consulted if there is a decision to place him on Section 3.
Are you separated and if so, how long have you been separated for. If not, has there been unreasonable behaviour by your husband towards you?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a rating.