13262538

My mother died some 18 months age and I was the sole beneficiary

Customer Question

My mother died some 18 months age and I was the sole beneficiary to her will, however, for around 5 years prior to her death I acted, but did not register, as power of attorney.
Mum was showing early signs of dementia at the time.
I purchased a house and refurbished it in my name using mums money but with her approval. What is my legal position and am I in trouble?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.may I ask why you are concerned at this point?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in dispute with my partner and he will use any thing that will show me in a poor light
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
The only person who could have objected to how the matter was dealt with would have been anyone else likely to inherit a share of the estate.
Since there is no one else involved, and your mother authorised what you did, that is the end of the matter
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Clare
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
You are most welcome I hope all goes well