13262538

My ex partner and I have split up.we have a 9 year old daughter

Hi my ex partner and I have split up.we have a 9 year old daughter who was born and lives in the UK. He has however 2 children from his previous marriage who are German 18 and 21 years who are in education. How do we work out fair payments as I want the English system and he wants the German system which he uses for his 2 children in Germany?
Many thanks Gerry
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Are you both living in England? If not, who is based in England with your daughter and who is her main carer?
Also, please confirm if you are you married to him?
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for the questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.In fact your ex has no option in the matterYou and the child are in the UK so the maintenance for THAT child will be in accordance with the UK CMS(CSA) calculations.Your ex cannot insist on the German system being used.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Claire that is a massive help, really appreciate you help
Take care
Gerry