Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am thinking about selling my property which is jointly

Customer Question

I am thinking about selling my property which is jointly owned with an ex partner. My ex partner is aware that I want to sell the house and has stated that he does not want any financial gains from the sale of the property. Is there any way that this can be adhered to during the selling process. Can any profits made from the sale be paid to me alone if he agrees to this? Melissa Purser
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Please confirm if you are married to him?
If he is in agreement with this, then yes this can be done with your conveyancer and funds can be paid solely to you. However, you may want to put into place a deed of trust to reflect this position in the event that your ex-partner changes their mind about this.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you!