13262538

Clare. I am now living with my new partner,

For Clare.
Hi Clare.
I am now living with my new partner, we have moved house to rented accommodation in a village not far from Father, and my partner is paying for my daughter, now 8, to go to private school. Father is paying nothing towards the fees and is negative about the school because it is private. The school has been informed he is the father, has parental responsibility etc, and my daughter travels on the school minibus to see him for weekday contact and he puts her back on the minibus the following morning. Father sees our daughter every weekend and contact is generally positive for our daughter. Father enjoys making his view about private schools known to me, but has started doing so with my daughter who is only 8 and loves her new school. I have just written to him asking him not to do so. Is there anything else I can do other than write and ask him to stop? That's my first question.My main question arises from the fact that my daughter has said that Father wishes to attend the school play. In the past, when we lived in the same town, there were occasional events such as this and both father and I attended, either sitting in different parts of the hall or going on different days. At that time, he was involved in Lily's schooling, which was in a state primary. Since then, we have moved away and he has had nothing to do with the school at all. I would like to write to Father and tell him that my wish is that he not attend the school play this year. My reasons are that he is negative about the school to myself and our daughter and that I am pressurised by him day and night in the form of emails and have had enough and just want him to stay away from her school as it is the one area where I have managed to forge a new life and future for us without him. I don't want him to start to try and make friends or contacts via social events at the school as before long he could be involved in school life on a social level which would be horrendous for me.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI JaneI am glad that you have been able to move on and that your daughter is happy in her new school.I am afraid that as he has parental responsibility he is entitled to attend the school play - and asking him not to do so will only give him ammunitionto use against youThe more you make your concern known the more involved with the school he is likely to get I am afraidIf he continue sto upset the child regarding the school you may need to find a mediator who works with chidlren to help discuss how this makes your daughter feel.Finally there is no need for daily emails - indeed even weekly ones are barely necessary - so simply refuse to reply unless they are relevant - and get your partner to read them firstClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Clare
Thanks for your reply. I have so many things to ask you. I will have to pace myself.Regarding your point about daily emails being unnecessary. There are various reasons we email. First, we don't strictly keep to the court order. We did at first but then we choose after about one year to be a little flexible to accommodate the others' work or holiday arrangements and this has on the whole worked well. But it does mean a lot of emails. For example, my family is going to Paris this Easter. I then have to write to F asking if my dates conflict with anything of his. This sort of thing seems to be almost permanent eg half term, weekend arrangements etc.Which brings me to my main point in this question. Then I will ask you a different question. I have moved away from the town where F lives, as I mentioned, and L has started a new, private, school (which F is against and does not pay anything towards). She has almost double the holiday time than she did at the old school, when the child arrangements Order was drawn up (one and a half years ago). Since the move, we have had Christmas and a half term. During both I offered F half of the holiday time, which he took, for contact with our daughter. I didn't think to suggest that his contact time remain the same. I believe the Order states that F will have L half of the holidays. But, it was written when the holidays were shorter. Is it possible to keep F's holiday time to more how it was or must it almost double?Regarding weekday contact, the Order dictates every Wednesday after school until Thursday morning. When she started at the new school, F and I agreed this should change to a Tuesday because one of my working days had to change. Our daughter is a keen and talented gymnast and gymnastics club was on that day, so F's contact was reduced from being from 3.15 pm to 6.45 pm. F agreed only in the short term and asked for things to return to Wednesdays in the New Year. It turned out that neither Wednesdays or Thursdays are good days for contact because they are compulsory fixtures day every couple of weeks and this means a late end of day. I like to collect our daughter from these and watch the match. On the one occasion when a compulsory fixture was on a contact day (Saturday) F refused to take our daughter as he said it was his contact time and she should be with him. He wrote to the school and L couldn't play. You can see why I want to avoid contact being on a Wednesday or a Thursday. It is not in L's interests.F has written many persistent emails demanding that his contact be on a non-club day. I got the school to put in an email the sports commitments which I forwarded to him so he now accepts that Weds and Thurs are not good options. He is still demanding a non-club day, so I suggested that our daughter stop gymnastics club to placate him, and he wrote back agreeing. I wish I had not made this suggestion. My daughter was very unhappy when I told her about this and couldn't understand and does not want to stop gymnastics - which is her ONLY after school club.Since she started her new school, I also see her less in the week. She returns home at 5 pm now, instead of 3.15. This is just something about private schools - the days are longer but so are the holidays.I would like to suggest to F that he should continue to have contact on Tuesdays, with L doing gymnastics, even though this means less time in the week. He sees her every weekend for either one or two nights. If we concentrate on what my daughter wants and needs then this would be the best option. Only if the situation is seen purely from his point of view should this not be the best option. My daughter is happy taking the later bus to meet him on Tuesdays after gymnastics.Can you advise? F is getting aggressive with the emails now.Thank youStartledRabbit ex T h e d a y w e w o n
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiI am afraid that half of the school holidays is just that - half of the school holidays no matter which school she is atWhat is wrong with a monday night for contact?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I felt that Monday was to close to the weekend, during which F sees L for one or two nights, onve every four weeks including a Sunday night. I am having to send an email to F tonight because he is threatening to call the school and tell the transport manager to out Lily on the bus on a Wednesday instead of a Tuesday "unless he hears back" and I don't know how long he will give it. He wants to prevent her from participating in any school matches that are compulsory, part of the school ethos, and that she loves, so he can see her for a couple more hours in the week. I consider this abusive. What gives him the right to steamroller everyone else because of his wishes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare. I am sorry, I didn't make my last email clear. F sees our daughter every weekend, one a Saturday through to Sunday evening and every four weeks he also has her on the Sunday night through to the Monday.
His weekday contact has been on a Tuesday evening, and L has had gymnastics that day so has arrived later than he would like. Today he wrote telling me he would directly contact the transport manager to rearrange transport arrangements so that L caught the earlier bus on a Wednesday. He knows that this is the day that compulsory matches take place. He was prepared to cause L to have to miss all matches for which she trains all week. I sent him the following this evening:"Please do not do this. It would cause embarrassment and disruption for myself and the school.Can you not refer to the fixtures and matches as after- school activities because they are not. They are school activities that take place during the school day. I believed this was clear from the email from the school that I forwarded you this week. As explained by Lily’s teacher, her participation in matches is considered compulsory. Representing her school at sports matches is a core part of the ethos of Lily's school and not optional. I have seen a massive difference in Lily since she regularly engaged in them. Not only this but Lily is doing very well at them, so much that she is always chosen, and she loves this part of school life. She is a committed and regular member of a range of teams and the teachers and her fellow team-players depend on her playing in certain positions she has practiced in. She trains during the week for matches and we sometimes go to support her which she really loves. After the match, she is always very excited. Lily asked for a netball net and ball for Christmas so she could practice scoring goals. Today when I collected her from the minibus, the very first thing she said was "We came third!" She then told me all about the intersection netball match she had played this afternoon. We go for tea with the other mums and girls after the matches sometimes, and given we live far from Eastbourne this is also a valuable social occasion for her. Sports at Bedes are important for her moral development as well as her social, psychological and physical development.Are you suggesting Lily be banned from sport? What would you like Lily to do while her whole class prepared for matches? What would you like her to do on a Wednesday or Thursday after lunch when her year left on the minibus to represent Bedes in a match? Sit on her own in the class room? Join the less able-bodied children who don't play in the matches? I find your approach shocking. The school would find this shocking as would Lily, and I imagine there would be serious ramifications with her school.And regarding gymnastics, it is important for Lily to be able to express herself as an individual and she chooses to express herself through gymnastics.I don't see this as a question of parent time vs school time as you put it. I do understand it is important for Lily to spend time with her father. But not at the risk of seriously damaging her school life and not at a cost of her not being able to develop skills in her favourite after-school activities. I myself have two hours less time per day with Lily on the school days she has no after-school club and almost four if she catches the late bus home. I would love to have more time with Lily. I would love to take her on a walk on a Sunday, to the Anchor Inn for lunch, so she can play with all the dogs in there and feed the horses on the way and way back. I would love to enjoy the countryside here with her and let her explore. I would love to have just one evening of the week where we just relax and have fun together without it being school the next day, but I don’t get this because you have her on a Saturday late afternoon and night and all day Sunday. So instead, I have to drive her to Brighton or you come and pick her up. But in my view, parenting Lily means supporting her happiness and development. It would never cross my mind to stand between her and her education, her commitments, chosen activities or social life. This is very bad parenting. A premeditated sabotage of her stability and security within her school, the disruption of her relationships with her teachers and peers and the prevention of her integration into normal school life are not acceptable.
As I have said all along, there may be ways of you having contact on other days than a club day, and I have been trying everything I can to find a solution. I have asked Luke and my parents about the possibilities of their helping out but neither can offer regular or reliable help." More in next message to you Clare as I have been cut off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"But the long email exchange on this subject bears out the fact that this would involve frequent communications between us both throughout the Spring and Summer terms. It would also be likely to lead to confusion for Lily and for the transport manager if weekday contact were irregular. The transport manager has the whole school to plan transport for each day. It is not difficult to imagine a day when we could not be contacted and Lily didn’t know what bus she was going on, to where.I feel I have bent over backwards contacting the school for information on this matter, to the point of feeling I am at risk of becoming a nuisance. I sense your strong expectation that everything be the way you want it, immediately. I don’t think you are treating me with any respect, you are treating me like you are ordering a chinese takeaway. I am a working mother with two kids to bring up and I need to devote time to that. Your latest suggestion to bypass both Lily and myself and directly contact the transport manager to rearrange transport arrangements, which would then prevent Lily from participating in sports, is alarming and threatening. It has come to the point where I feel I have to protect Lily against you. She is not in a position to stand up for herself because she is a minor. I suggest we arrange a face to face meeting with others present, or mediation sessions, to discuss any changes in weekly contact. Persistent electronic messaging is stressful and time consuming. Until an agreement has been reached that allows Lily to remain happy and safe, weekday contact will have to remain as it is.As of year 5, all Lily's compulsory fixtures and matches will be on a Wednesday according to the head of sport. This leaves Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays as options in year 5. By Summer term which starts in early April, as Miss Muxworthy's email explained, and as I have written, gymnastics may well have been changed to a different day and contact can remain on a Tuesday, with Lily catching the early bus. However I don't think you should be thinking like this. It may be that other clubs than gymnastics will attract Lily as she grows up, and these could take up another after-school period. The vast majority of the children at Bedes stay on for after school clubs and catch the second bus. Do you think your interests should override Lily’s as she develops? Should the interests of a parent always override the interests of a child? Is a child not allowed to develop and explore interests independently of her parents? Shouldn’t Lily's interests be protected? Her position is that it is not her but you that doesn't like her coming on the later bus on Tuesdays.You have made it very clear to me your negative opinion of Lily’s school and now you are doing so directly to Lily. What with her uniform being strewn around your house when I collect her, her expensive school coat being torn up in your car, you leaving her school bags in your car so she forgets them, your refusing to take her to the match when it fell on your contact day that Saturday in the autumn, Lily’s reluctance to stay at your house on a Sunday night because she “doesn’t like to get ready for school at Daddy’s”, your sending her to school with unbrushed hair because you can’t find her brush, your talking to her about how you and Jodie don’t "like Bedes because it is a private school” (Lily’s words) and maybe your strange comment to her about not paying for her to go to the school disco, it is not too far fetched to think you may be consciously or not, starting to try and sabotage her time at Bedes. "
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Please please stop these long email exchanges - they are not good for your and they set a very bad example to your daughter in terms of dealing with your ex.You have chosen for your daughter to attend this school and that mean you have less time with her. This is a choice you have made - so why refer to it in the email - it is simply not relevant to the issue of which evening your ex has contactHe is not interested in any of the things that you mention in the email and you KNOW this so stop.The choice is simple - if you wish your daughter to take part in Gym club and also play her matches then she need sto see her father on a Monday - simple as that.So make your decision and act on it - stop engaging in these pointless essays.Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare,
I didn't know I had the right to make the decision and impose it. I thought everything had to be agreed with F.(eg. If I thought I could make decisions eg. the dates I am going on holiday, my life would be very different and very much better and easier. But given there is a court order stipulating things such as "Father will have L from the first Saturday of Christmas until the second", surely I can not make decisions such as that I will have her for the second week not the first. Do I not have to ask him and does he not have to agree?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I was not clear.
Email him simply
"If our daughter is to continue doing the activities she enjoys then the best night for contact will be Monday night. If you do not wish to agree to this then so be it - and I leave it to you to explain your decision to our child."
That is it - simple and straightforward
Do not be pulled into long discussions.
If he ops for Wednesdays then do not refer to it again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I am not with you. You can not be suggesting that I allow him to contact the school to alter transport arrangements, change L's contact day and force her to be ostracised within the school for missing all sporting activities. This would not be in the child's interests. As her mother I am surely doing the right thing by saying he must not do this. I could not let this happen and watch her suffer. Even if I were to ask him to discuss his decision with her, I would be allowing her to be treated cruelly without trying to protect her.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am afraid I am.the simple fact is that we as mother's cannot always make things perfect no matter how much we tryThe Court Order is clear and you must abide by itYes she will be disappointed and her father will be seen as a prat - but it is not the end of the world and she will survive.IF it does become a major issue for HER then you can consider an applictaion to the court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get a hint of what you are saying but am basically confused and upset by what you are saying. If I try to offer days for contact that are in L's interests and he refuses, I must continue to attempt to find a solution or compromise with him. That is why I send emails. And it WOULD be a major issue for her, from the moment it happened, so it would be logical then to ask the Court as soon as he did it?Same with kayaking. She has already said it is a major issue for HER. So, Yes, I will try to encourage L to tell her Dad how she feels, but she is only 8 and he is a forceful bully with children (based on how he was with his son).I am completely lost. Sorry.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I do understand your distress but the fact is that he has parental responsibility and you are no longer together.So when she is with you it is your rules and when she is with him it is his rulesYou can go to mediation to discuss which midweek night contact should happen - and then go to court if he will not agree - but that is it - nothing else that you can do.Each year as your daughter gets older she will get closer to the age when her wishes will count more than those of either parent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,We are talking about similar issues in both questions so I will stick with one!I understand that she will be more able to stand up for herself as she grows older, but let's stick to talking about her now that she is 8.How do you define neglect?If he does something that is clearly not in her interests eg. preventing her from taking part in school sports, then you have agreed that it is not unreasonable to ask for mediation, and if this does not work, ask the court. What if he does not agree to mediation?But, earlier you said I should never go back to court.So, I am still confused.If she comes back and tells me tales of how she was ill-treaten, surely you can not be saying I must not intervene? I do understand what you say about parental responsibility and it being his rules that count. But there must be an ACCEPTED PLACE where the line is drawn and the other parent is seen as justified in intervening? In such a case when the line is crossed, what does that parent do? Seeking a private therapist seems a useless thing to me as it won't protect the child at all. Encouraging the child to speak up is good but if you knew F you would not expect even a 12 year old to know how to stand up to him. Who would I first approach and when? Social Services? Cafcass? The school? Or Father himself, asking him not to do something or I will have to intervene?You say: IF HE endangers her then HE is guilty of neglect not you.So, you are saying that AFTER he has endangered her, I can act? So, again, I ask, in what way, to who?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A separate question, relating to what you have written earlier.
You say "The court order is clear"
Since we have moved house and Lily's school life has changed, and since F and I agreed on a temporary change of contact days to allow L to do gymnastics, the court order is out of date. For example it states that F will have L from 3.15 on a Wednesday. She now finishes school at 5pm. Can F force contact on a Wednesday because it is the day stated in the order that is one and a half years old? Even though it states his contact is from 3.15 pm?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer that you do not go back to court for at least another year - but if you and your daughter believe that the Wednesday issue is sufficientlyimportant then there is no other option.The school sports issue is about different approaches to parenting - it is NOT about "best interests" The line for intervening is the same as it would be for any other child that you know.If there is deliberate abuse then you act - you ask Social Services to investigateIf it is about difference in parenting styles and what you allow /do not allow you don't act.The Order is enforceable at the end of the school day - so yes he can force it in a Wednesday if he wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am reflecting on all you have said. Both my partner and I are not sure we agree with you that defending L's ability to partake in a compulsory part of school life (matches and sport) is about a difference in parenting styles rather than about what is in the child's interests. I might ask for a second opinion on this one if that is OK? In the meantime, may I ask - do I need to specifically ask for father's permission if my daughter's school is taking the class on a week long residential? Or is it OK just to send him the information, dates etc and see if he responds? Many thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It is the history of the matter which is the problem - otherwise you could indeed take action.
In addition your daughter's age means that the Courts would not see playing for the school as being as important as it would be if she was over 11.
When asking for your second opinion you must explain the previous proceedings
So far as the Residential is concerned you do not need to ask his permission - just send the details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Clare,
Often when you reply to me you start with that phrase - "Given the history" and you are saying that it would be important to give the history of asking for a second opinion.
It feels like a rope round my neck and ball and chain around my ankles.
Please can you tell me what aspects of the history you refer and what exactly you mean when say "Given the history"? What is it about the history that so affects actions now?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to have to be blunt
When I refer to the "history" I mean the allegations of abuse that you were (sadly) not able to substantiate.
This means that there is an (unfair) presumption that you will use any argument to try and stop contact
You are moving away from this all the time but still need a little more time for it to be seen as hot air on his part when he mentions it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare.
I have given this so much thought. I think I need to make sure we singing from the same songsheet. It's hard to get all the details down in online communications but if you are going to answer my questions in the light of the history then I must ensure that your concept of the history is correct. I know that you are right when you say that the history will be relevant in all future matters, so I want to summarise the facts, keeping my subjectivity to the minimum possible for a human being. Let me know if this is what you thought the history was, and please ask for clarification.L, aged 4. Has sore vagina. I say "Doesn't daddy wash your f a n n y?" L relied "No, but he s u c k s it" I say "What do you mean?" She says "He sort of l i c k s it". Next day, on advice of my father, he sets up video camera without L knowing, and I ask questions suggested by him, from a piece of paper. This is recorded. During this, L describes how F does this and how it tickles. I ask if she has seen her F's willy and she replies "Only when he squirts his wee at me" I ask where the wee goes? She says "F a n n y. Then it drips down on to the floor." I ask what colour the wee is and she says 'yellow'. On police interview she is asked to use dolls to show the position she is in when F does this. She puts doll on its back with legs in the air. She does not easily make a disclosure and the ABE lasts three hours instead of the average 30 minutes. Police are later criticised for their approach in asking leading questions.
I am interviewed by child protection and social services. My police interview is long, taking three consequitive days. I am asked if there was any domestic violence. I describe three occasions when there was physical assault of me and three assaults on his son. This is put in my police statement. Police statement goes in file and lawyer advises that the DV should also form allegations as well as the S.A. Therefore many allegations made by me including DV towards me and DV towards F's son.
F concedes to the allegations of DV to son. So they are not included in the FF hearing. He suggests that I provoked him resulting in the 3 assaults on me. Findings made by Judge are that they did occur, in the context of a highly strung partnership where parenting styles were conflicting. J accepts F was violent and had a violent temper. SS recomend LA's Living without Violence programme and F agrees to attend this 36 week course. L given Protective Behaviours training on advice of SS.
From time of disclosure, no contact for 18 months. During this time I am advised by SS that should I allow contact, I would be considered to be putting L at risk and risked having her taken into care.
Then supervised and highly monitored contact. L, aged 5, happy to see F and enjoys contact. F shows no sign of violence and seems to genuinely love his daughter. L says she would like to continue to see F. This info fed back to the court.
At FF Judge gives NO alternative explanation for how L could have said what she did. J finds that L DID say "Daddy s u c k s my f a n n y" etc, as described by me. My use of leading questions in the recorded interview with L the following day criticised but not strongly criticised. J finds that I was in difficult situation for a long time, regarding contact, as SS considered child at risk so I had no option than to prevent contact. Police can't give evidence because officer goes into labour in court. A different officer comes and says he found me a very difficult witness in that I kept changing my views on whether contact should commence. My medical records are disclosed to the court showing depression in my 20s and 30s.Police intermediary who led L's ABE at police centre suggests in her evidence that the abuse happened because a child can not recall sensory information ("it tickled") unless abuse actually happened. Barrister for F says L got confused by having been put on a bidet the night before. J buys it
Judge concludes that many of my anxieties regarding L's being put in danger were a difference in parenting styles. eg. cycling on roads in city, meat slicer living permanently on floor when L a toddler, F dragging L down to her room aged 3 by the wrists leaving L with red wrists. J didn't criticise F for this other than saying that he perhaps used excessive force on this occasion. She concluded that I was scrutinising F before L's disclosure and that to S abuse L under such circumstances was unikely (Clare, I have since been told this was an error in law and possible grounds for appeal)
Once contact resumes, I do not attempt any disruption. I have not been back to the court, but I have threatened F with court over the kayaking/barge issue, as you know and as you advised was reasonable.Can you please let me know if this is the history you recall and if you consider that given this history I would be seen as, as you wrote in your last answer, "use any argument to try and stop contact"?J
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi J
I am sorry - but the comments I made were about perception and not facts .
The perception is that you created allegations of sexual impropriety which were not proved to disrupt contact.
It is not the truth - but based on the bald recitation of events that will always be the perception.
You made allegations - the finding of fact did not support them
You have bitter experience of how the court system works so you know how little the issue is ever about reality
Your life has moved on happily which is wonderful
You will never get your ex to be reasonable - he has no capacity to be so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,
NO. The perception was never that. It was never suggested by anyone that I created allegations to disrupt contact. NEVER. The J doesn't suggest that. SS believed it happened and said so in their evidence. I think the J wanted F to see L because L was sad and unhappy not seeing him, and she decided the chances were he wouldn't do it again. But whatever the J decided, there was never ever any idea in any one's mind that I invented anything. All future hearings are reserved to the same J and that J does not consider I invented anything. She summarised it as a "tragic case" because she wanted to make it sound as though it had been bad luck that L had said the things she did, leading to three years of disruption for everybody. She praised me in my dealing of the matter. So why would this be perceived as me doing anything to disrupt contact?Sadly, my new relationship is going wrong and I can't see it lasting more than a couple of months. But that is another story.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Clare,
Will you be answering my question? I have other questions to ask and I wanted to be sure the history wasn't being misunderstood. If you still think I am going to be seen by the court as having created allegations to disrupt contact then I will have to ask a different lawyer. Please let me know. Many thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I did not say that the court would see it this way - i said that there is a risk that this is the perception - and if you recall the position that you were in when we first spoke you will remember just how much you had to sacrifice to get the result that you didThe issue you have raised about team sports is not one that the court will have a great deal of sympathy given your daughter's age - however if you wish to take the matter forward now then I am happy to opt out and wish you well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good to hear back. I don't understand what you mean when you refer to sacrifices I had to make to get the result I did. Would you mind explaining what you meant.
I don't see how there can be any risk of perception that I created any allegations to disrupt contact because there is a long Judgement that if referred to in any future hearings indicates that I acted very appropriately given the nature of what L said.
The issue of team sports has been resolved now - F and I agreed a different contact day.
It is only a small question, but one causing me a lot of anxiety that I have now. F has said he wishes to take L on holiday in a converted van to France with new partner and her two children, a boy and a girl. He says that he and his partner and the boy will sleep in one tent and that the two young girls (aged 6 and 8) will sleep on their own in a van. I asked L if the van locks and she said it didn't. Do you think it is acceptable to let allow two young girls to sleep on their own in a van in various locations around France?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi JPlease please do not allow this to become a stress issue.The case is already in the past - and much less relevant than it was before - and you have already build a good track record of being able to balance your understandable concerns with a realistic approach.With regard to the french trip - stop asking your daughter things.Instead email back and say that you assume that the door will be locked at night for safety reasons - and that there will be a hammer available to break a window in an emergency Clare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** that advice re the van and the way to approach the issue. Much appreciated! Sometimes, when you are in the middle of it, I find it hard to find the right language. That's why you are so important.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome and you are not alone!