13262538

My friend's Secondary school child will stay with me from outside

Customer Question

my friend's Secondary school child will stay with me from outside london. He will stay with me during school term. I need to change his school to my local secondary school. As he is not happy with his current school now, so want to change to my local. He will change to same school as my son going.
I called the education department , I was asked to show the guidian letter between me and he child's parent. However, I am not clear what kind of letter, as I am not fostering. it just helping my friend without any payment issue.
what do i need to do?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.This is a private fostering arrangement - for the term time only.The parents will need to write a letter authorising you to deal with all educational and health needs whilst he is with your.You should also notify the Local Authority that you have the child in your carehttp://www.privatefostering.org.uk/I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare