Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have received a decree nisi today. Can you please tell me

I have received a decree nisi today. Can you please tell me if I need to wait to apply for decree absolute or can send the D36 form immediately ? Will there be any court fees ? Will I have to attend a court hearing for decree absolute ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not have any children.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
You will need to wait 6 weeks and 1 day fr the date of decree nisi before submitting the D36 application if you are the petitioner.
Of the petition was filed before 1 July 2013 there is a £50 court fee. If filed after this date there is no court fee.
Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Will I have to attend a court hearing for decree absolute ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the petitioner.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
No, you will not have to attend court and the judge will deal with the application based on the papers.