Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex partner has said months now that l needed to be

Customer Question

My ex partner has said for 8 months now that l needed to be supervised with my children as she had spoken to a social worker found out she has been lieing there're is nothing on file stating that what should I do
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
What has your ex-partner accused you of lying about and has the social worker under taken an assessment? What were the past arrangements for you to see the children?
Lying in itself is not a child protection concern and she can only restrict contact between you and your children if there are concerns about the level of care you provide your children.
In the circumstances I would suggest that you make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: familymediationcouncil.org.uk). The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the children's best interests. If mediation does not help, then you will be able to pursue an application to court under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to your local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.