Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

We have an child arrangement order on my grandson due to

hi we have an child arrangement order on my grandson due to my daughter having a bit of depression he is on the child risk regitster we have our next court date on the 16th and the social services should have got our copy of the section 7 by the 19th and they say they had an extension but we need to read it befor we go to court Tuesday.
also they have decided they are coming to court I asked them why are they hoping to take my grandson into care and she would not answer me .we don't want them at court this is between me and my daughter need advice
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
The local authority cannot take your grandson into care without pursuing care proceedings and the court making an care order. You will need to be served with the application if this is to take place.
As the court has directed them to prepare a Section 7 report they are allowed to attend court and if they are unable to comply with court directions they need to request for there to be an extension of time - it may be that they are attending court to explain this position to the judge.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.