13262538

My mother in law is the sole beneficiary of her dying

My mother in law is the sole beneficiary of her dying mothers will.
She has had full power of attorney for years.
She has a sister who hasn't seen her or there mother for 30 years
She and her mother are concerned that the sister will try and 'get her hands' on her inheritance against the motherswishes.
The question is would the sister have any legitimate claim to any of the money.
Her worrying is really having to deal with her sister rather than the inheritance money as she is scared of her without going into detail.
Could she have any claim to legal aid or effectively use the inheritance money to fight for any of the inheritance money.
Nothing has happened and I don't believe with but for armed is a good idea
Stuart
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHas your mother in law left a letter explaining her decision to exclude her other daughter with her Will?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It states in the will that my mother in laws mother does not wish to leave anything to her other daughter as she hasn't seen her for nearly 30 years
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then that should be sufficient protectionIf the sister does try to challenge the Will then the monies from the Estate can be used to fund the defenceI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the sister challenges it would she likely to have any success if she hasn't had contact with her for 30 years and is financially in a good way ie she and her husband work and own there home outright. And have a huge pension.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiHighly unlikely -had she been in need then possibly - but since se is not there is little claim she can makeClare