ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

Iv recently got together with my ex girlfriends, brothers wife.

Customer Question

Iv recently got together with my ex girlfriends, brothers wife. I have a child with my ex partner and my new partner has a child with her ex husband. How would our kids be related? And is it legal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Your new partner being your ex girlfriends brothers ex wife is not a blood relative to you so you could choose to marry if you wanted too.
Your child and your new partners child are cousins as the your child's mother is the sister of your new partners child father.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What happens if me and my new partner get married and have children of our own...? How would our children from our previous relationships be related to our own child?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My new partner is worried that are children would be confused as they get older. What advise would you give as to how to explain it to them?
Good Morning
My apologies for my delay in responding to you.
I will prepare a further response for you shortly.
Caroline
Thank you for your patience.
If you did go on to have further children together then the new children will be half siblings to your own respective children - as they share one parent.
Your family would be a blended family with your current respective children also being step children as well as cousins.
Blended families are not uncommon. relationships do not always last and it is common now for parents to go on to have further children with new partners. This will not have any social stigma attached.
For me the most important part is that all the children know that they are loved and included and intergrated in the family. When this is the position then the children will likely be happy knowing they are loved.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please do kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work. If no positive rating is received then the site keeps your payment and we receive no credit - thank you