Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My son is just 18 and I have been paying CSA maintenance.

Customer Question

My son is just 18 and I have been paying CSA maintenance. He is intending to go to university and says that he will take me to court to claim further maintenance. Can he do this and if so, what should I pay?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
It is correct that your son can pursue an application to court for child maintenance. The amount will be depending on his reasonable needs and your financial circumstances. He would need to show that he genuinely requires the financial support during university. If such an order is made the maintenance will be paid directly to him and not to the other parent.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.