Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am married with my husband than 6 years and

hello
I am married with my husband for more than 6 years and I am planning to get a mortgage in my name only to buy a house. Is my husband entitled of ownership of the house if we separate/get divorced?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
If you divorce in the future, all property and assets that is owned will need to be considered, which will include the house you intend to buy. The court will then need to assess your needs, his needs and the needs of any children, as well as contributions and various other criteria when deciding what a fair division of the assets should be.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.