Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband and I lived together and his was the only

Hello, my husband and I lived together and his was the only name on the mortgage. We have one child together. We divorced and I have now remarried. He wanted my son and I to move out of our exmarital home as he wanted to sell it and said he would give me half of the money after deducting his initial deposit to which I agreed. He put the pressure on to move quickly so we did, unfortunately, the sale did not go through as quickly as he hoped and despite me paying the mortgage on my own for a year, he is deducting half of the mortgage money along with half of the council tax for the period from when we moved to the sale. He is now saying I'm lucky to get anything as I am remarried. Please advise.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Please confirm that you are in England or Wales? Who is the child's main carer?
As you have now remarried you are no longer able to make an application to court in relation to financial relief matters arising out of the marriage - which would include the property given that it was in his sole name.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the main carer, we live in England
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** information stands - you are no longer able to make an application to court in relation to financial relief matters arising out of the marriage - which would include the property given that it was in his sole name.
However, if you do not receive child maintenance you are entitled to make a claim to the Child Maintenance Service and the amount that he would be liable for would be based on his gross salary, amount of nights a week on average your child stays with him and whether he has any other children in his care. If you can provide this information I can confirm the legal amount he should be paying.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.