13262538

I have been split up with my wife then five years

I have been split up with my wife for more then five years and want to get a divorce but I or my ex-wife can't find marriage certificate we were married in Jamaica tried contacting them with no joy please tell me what to do to get divorced without certificate
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
In order to proceed with a divorce in England or Wales without a marriage certificate you will need to submit an application under form D11 together with a statement explaining why you do not have the marriage certificate, what endeavours you have made to get a further copy and proof that a marriage has taken place. This should be submitted together with the divorce petition simultaneously and the court will decide whether there is enough evidence to confirm that a marriage has taken place and if you can proceed with a divorce without a marriage certificate.
Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiFrom personal experience I can confirm that it is possible to trace the certificate - it simply takes a little time.Assuming you remember where you were married (which hotel) you can identify the correct parish.With that, your names and the dated you can use the form herehttps://www.rgd.gov.jm/application-forms The UK courts are aware that this process can be usedClare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years