13262538

I wrote an e-mail/letter to my husband's solicitor disclosing

I wrote an e-mail/letter to my husband's solicitor disclosing my financial information and my husband told me that his solicitor would not respond to me unless I instructed a solicitor, which I cannot afford to do. Is he lying or can his solicitor simply choose not to respond? I am preparing another e-mail/letter to write to his solicitor but I feel that I'm being ignored but I have to advise them of my situation. Should I just send it anyway?
Also, I am on benefits and cannot afford to pay legal costs for this divorce. My husband said he would get a loan and I could pay him back. I don't want to be financially tied to him but I can't afford to get my own loan either. Can I represent myself and would this be a cheaper option for me? I'm really stuck as to what to do as I have no money to pay for legal costs.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youThe only basis on which his solicitors could do this is if their client - your ex - instructed them not to respond to you.You are allowed to represent yourself if you wish - and many people do - and the solicitor would neither be surprised nor have any problem in dealing with you directly.I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need any further detailsClare