13262538

My child has been wrongfully accused of harming another boy

Customer Question

My child has been wrongfully accused of harming another boy at school and the school are referring the case to social services. What should I do
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firsthow old is your son and what exactly has happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is 11
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is 11. A good friend and him started sending horrible texts when my son was selected for a team. Ytexts started as football tit for tats. The other boy then started sexual slander calling my son gay and that he had told another boy that my son tried to f... Him. Initially the school only heard the other boys story and asked us to consent to a multi agency referral form. We refused as our sons side had not been asked for. The other boy then said that f... Meant touching willows. My son has now been interviewed by the school and has denied this. He is known as one of the most honest in the year. The school have changed the form to say alleged sexual behaviour . I don't know the consequences of not consenting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have until 4 this afternoon to consent or not
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The allegation that has been made - however untrue - is a serious one which the school HAVE to report.
This is the case even if they no longer believe that it is true
That being the situation far better that you agree to the report than that it is made with your opposition having been noted.
it is NOT pleasant to have Social workers involved in your life - remember never make jokes with them and always consider your replies to questions carefully
you may find this group useful
www.frg.org.uk
Please ask if you need further details