Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a daughter with my partner we have been living together

Hi I have a daughter with my partner we have been living together for nearly 4 years he has asked me and daughter to leave but I have no where else to go it's his property
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is abusive and violent at times threatening to kill us both grabbing my throat coming at me with knife etc. I have a property couple hundred miles away but I gave up my full
Time job to look after our daughter however I work two days a week in Birmingham where I currently reside with him and daughter. My daughter also goes nursery twice a week 6 mins from
His house. There is no work for me in Devon only birmingham
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Have the police been informed of the abuse?
Even though the property is in his own name, you are able to apply to court for twonorders given the situation. These are a non-molestation order and occupation order. This can be done under form FL401 to your local family court and can be done on an urgent basis. You need to provide a statement explaining the incidents and risks to you and your daughter.
The Non-Molestation order will prevent further abuse and breach of this is a criminal offence. The occupation order will exclude him from the property.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.