How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2848
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Do I need to offer mediation before applying

Resolved Question:

do I need to offer mediation before applying for a prohibited steps order so that I can take my son abroad? The mother has a residence order and is refusing permission for a holiday with no good reason. I have a contact order saying I am allowed half all holidays.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question.
It will be a specific issue order you need to apply for, not a prohibited steps order. If the matter is not urgent, you will need to attend a mediation information and assessment meeting yourself with a mediator. Mediation itself is not compulsory before pursuing a court application.
Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you