Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have been separated from my wife foe nearly 4 years and divorced

I have been separated from my wife foe nearly 4 years and divorced for nearly 2 years. Since the seperation I have raised my three daughters now aged 21, 18 and 16. During this period the girls have had very little to do with their mother even thou I have always explained to them that they should have a relationship with her. She has today decided to e-mail me (we don't talk) stating that I have 2 weeks to arrange regular visitation with my daughter aged 16 or she is taking me to court. I have spoken to my daughter and again asked if she will see her mother. She states that she does not wish to see her under any circumstance. Can you please let me know the legal position in relation to this. I do believe it would be beneficial for all the girls to have a relationship with her but do not want to force them. Prior to the divorce when attending mediation I agreed that the girls needed to see her, this however ended in me making the girls see her against their will and them being very upset
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
As all your daughters are aged 16 or above, the mother cannot make an application to court given their ages. If your daughters do not wish to see her this is their decision and there is no way to force them to do this, despite the mother's threats.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.