13262538

I own half the house my dad currently lives in he is 81 he

I own half the house my dad currently lives in he is 81 he is getting married to a 56 year old woman and he wants to give her his half of the house can I stop him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house is in Birmingham England
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow did you come to own half of the house - and how long have your father and his new partner been together?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When my mom died 8 years ago my dad gave me her half of the house and in his will he left me the rest of the house. I have a sister too and I was going to give her money from the sale of my house when he died he has now been with this women for less than a year and they are not living together until they marry on 4th June
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said he is changing his will and he has asked his solicitor if I can be removed from the deeds
Was the transfer to you made under a Deed of Variation relating to the death of your mother?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I don't know
Ok
Do you remember visiting the solicitor with your father?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't go with him but he bought papers to me to sign
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the land registry would that say
I am afraid that you cannot stop your father from gifting his share of the property to his new wife - either in his Will or immediately.
He cannot change the ownership at the Land Registry without your agreement - but he can create a document which gives her his share and this will ensure that she will eventually receive half of the proceeds of sale.
I am sorry to give you bad news - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks can she then live in the house as long as she likes stopping me live there or stopping me sell the house
No you will be able to force the sale of the property after your father dies
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for all your help
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well