Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex is saying he'll take me to court if I don't do half of

Customer Question

my ex is saying he'll take me to court if I don't do half of the drop off ie take her on the train to see him every other Friday, I'm not refusing contact I'm just asking him if he wants to see his daughter he should pick her up and drop her off, he earns 4x what I earn he also finishes early on a Friday his new partner can drive, I don't drive so would have to get the 17mile trip there then once he's got her from the station I have to wait around with youngest daughter who's 9month old, trying to get on the train with my buggy (which is my new partners)
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
How old is the child and what are the exact arrangements for him to see her?
The journey of 17 miles is not far enough to warrant that you meet half way to assist with handover, especially as his circumstances appear better and he has the luxury of having a car to assist him.
As a first point of call I would suggest you make a referral to an independent mediator if matters cannot be agreed directly between you. You can find local mediators here: familymediationcouncil.org.uk
However, his threat to take the matter to court is pointless as the court will see it as a waste of an application.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter is almost 7 years old, it's been arranged by him that he would like to see her every other weekend from Friday to Sunday.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for confirming. My previous information remains and it is not appropriate that he demands you to make the journey or share the journey in light of your daughter's age and the fact he has use of a car.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.