Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I was married to an ex army man years. We had 2 children

Customer Question

I was married to an ex army man for 15 years. We had 2 children whilst he was in the forces. Since our divorce I have never received one penny maintenance for my children. We married in 1976 and divorced in 1991
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Please confirm what you require assistance with.
How old are the children and have you ever made an application to the child support agency / child maintenance service?
Have you remarried since the divorce, and was there a financial settlement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The children r now 35 and 39 I tried child support agency but he never worked I got 5p per annum awarded through the court but I didn't get that either.i remarried and divorced no monies was given to me as a financial settlement the 2nd marriage was 6 years and no children
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the confirmation.
In relation to the first marriage, as there was no child maintenance liability as calculated by the CSA at the time, he is not obligated to provide you any maintenance as he was not working.
In relation to the 5p per annum spousal maintenance, this should have ended upon your remarriage.
Was there a further financial settlement from your second marriage?